Satoma Asadgamaya

In Memory

Migrated Datasets

Blogger

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Truth, Peace and Justice

"Good morning K. What can I do for you today?"

His eyes flashed as he considered the suave nonchalance of the tone.

"You know perfectly well what you can do. And it is a certainly not a good morning."

"I'm sorry to hear that. What seems to be the problem?"

"The problem? You know perfectly well what the problem is", he said as he rolled his shirtsleeves up to reveal two well-muscled forearms splotched with tiny red marks.

"It's that allergy again. K, you should really consult a doctor. "

He gnashed his teeth. He bit his tongue. His fingernails dug into his palms as he clenched his fists.

"You know perfectly well that this is no allergy. You know perfectly well that it's those damned bedbugs."

"K, we've been through this before. There are no bedbugs in your apartment. Even the exterminator said that."


"I don't care what your exterminator says. I have seen those bugs. I can see their bite marks all over my body. And so can you."

"Really, K. You need to see an allergist."

"Actually I need to see a lawyer. I have had enough of this nonsense. I did not sign up for unwanted room-mates. And you have done nothing about it."

"I'm sorry to hear that. Since you have been such a valuable customer for us, I will have the exterminator take one last look."

"You better make sure he does his job this time. If I am bitten one more time, I'll see you in court."

He trudged his way back to the apartment, muttering under his breath and gesticulating wildly. No sooner did he enter the living room than he glimpsed a particularly large bedbug scurrying across the carpet. His eyes lit up with a mad gleam as he lunged towards the bug, which obscured itself in the carpet. He scuffed the area in frantic desperation, beads of sweat dripping from his forehead. It darted out suddenly and rushed towards the sofa in a bid for freedom. After a stymied moment, he brought his boot down on it and collected it on a piece of paper.

Was that somebody knocking? He strode across the room and opened the door.

"I am the pest exterminator."

"Oh you are? Just about the right time. I have something I'd like to show you."

He thrust the remains of the bedbug at the man.

"So will you still say there's no problem?"

"You're right. There is a problem. I need to do some pest control."

"Been saying that all along", he said as he turned away to go wash his hands.

The exterminator smiled and pulled out his garrote.

Management Class : Tall Tales

mental baba 10:20 PM
baba ka katora |