Satoma Asadgamaya

In Memory

Migrated Datasets

Blogger

Monday, August 01, 2005

The Land

The great river gurgled o’er ancient rocks,
Foaming joyously pasts banks of white sand,
Sprinkling blessings on shaven heads and matted locks,
In mythical Devbhumi – they said it was holy land -

Abounding in answers that every man seeks.
In the east did erupt the first rays of the sun
As I stood in the midst of majestic peaks.
If ever there was a sight – it was the one.

It was so unreal: that magical shaft of light.
Lo! The snowy tops were kindled to a blazing fire,
One that burnt an indescribable pure white.
The mountains be high, I felt something higher.

Surrounded by the mighty Himalayas, in the vale,
I gazed spellbound upon that resplendent white crown.
Of a forgotten King, perhaps, it seemed to tell a tale.
I listened awhile: by and by disappeared my frown.

I inhaled deeply the elusive breath of life
Shepherded down the slopes by boisterous winds.
It cut my disease away like whetted knife.
And whispered, “Thy death sentence, the King rescinds.”

I felt my soul unburdened: then was I glad.
Tranquility descended at the faraway ringing of a bell.
It was everything that I could have hoped to have had.
How I wished, that there, I might evermore dwell.

Where the dale welcomes dancing grey waters.
Where the white mountains soar up to the blue sky.
Where fragrant flowers are the earth’s fair daughters.
Where all creation is pure, noble and high.

The great river gurgled o’er ancient rocks,
Foaming joyously pasts banks of white sand,
Sprinkling blessings on shaven heads and matted locks,
In mythical Devbhumi – the holy land.

Management Class : Idylls of the Wannabe

mental baba 10:40 PM
baba ka katora |